The economy, stupid...
Forget Friedman v. Keynes, the current crisis blows the debates of the previous century out of the water.
.... more detailed thoughts tbc....
A very non-exhaustive list:
- Thomas Sowell, Basic Economics: A Common Sense Guide to the Economy (2011) - An excellent summary; has really helped to forge my understanding of economics (and actually, politics and human society).
- Diane Coyle, GDP: A Brief but Affectionate History (2014) and
- Sex, Drugs and Economics (2002)
- Paul Collier, The Future of Capitalism (2018)
- Tim Harford, The Undercover Economist (2006) and
- Fifty Things That Made the Modern Economy (2017)
- Charles Wheelen, Naked Economics (2010)
- Steven D. Levitt and Stephen J. Dubner, Freakonomics (2005)
- Linda Yueh, The Great Economists (2018)
- Kate Raworth, Doughnut Economics: Seven Ways to Think Like a 21st-Century Economist (2017)
Also, this is a brilliant channel (Coronanomics) discussing where we go from here...